Join in Angel Tree at Valley
When Mom or dad is in prison, their children are often the silent sufferers. You can let them know they aren’t forgotten. Give the child of a prisoner the joy of
Christmas this year.
We need volunteers to:
- Buy Christmas gifts (tags will be placed on the tree in the foyer) – Due 12/10, place in the Welcome Center behind counter
- This year, bring WRAPPED Christmas gifts WITH PEEL AND STICK ANGEL TAGS ATTACHED
- Purchase items to fill grocery bags that will be presented to the children’s caregiver(s) (tags will be placed on the tree in the foyer) – Due 12/10, place in the Welcome Center behind counter.
- Attend the dinner, gift presentation party and enjoy fellowship with caregivers and children. Dinner is the normal Wednesday meal and you must sign-up by 12/10.
- Transport children and caregivers who wouldn’t be able to attend without a ride.
- Angel Tree host families (call and remind them about the party and welcome and sit with them the night of the party).
Each child will have 3 Angels (GIFTS) on the tree, 1 FUN and 2 NEEDS. If you take a NEEDS tag, please don’t purchase a toy as well, this allows each child to receive the same number of items and leaves no one feeling like they got more or less.
Every child receives an age appropriate presentation of the gospel message – the true meaning of Christmas. And when Christmas is over, you’ll enjoy opportunities to continue to minister to these families year round.
Ask your church Angel Tree coordinators (Jeff and Karen Warren) how you can help. And find out how wonderful it feels to “welcome the children” in Jesus’ name.